Is Motor Legal Protection worth it?
When you are buying car insurance you may be asked if you’d like to add motor legal protection as an optional extra.
Motor legal protection isn’t required by law like your vehicle insurance, but it can help cover the cost of legal expenses if you’re involved in an accident where the other party is at fault.
Motor legal protection can be purchased as a separate policy instead of just ticking the box and adding it to your existing policy. It pays to shop around carefully and look at prices and the quality of the legal cover offered. Some stand-alone policies are offered at up to 60% less than the cost of those taken as an option extra with vehicle insurance.
Do I need Motor Legal Protection?
Motor legal protection basically covers the things that your general motor insurance policy doesn’t. In the event of an accident which isn’t your fault, your own insurance will not assist you in recovering:
- Loss of earnings – If you sustain injuries which affect your ability to work, your legal representative will work to recover your loss of earnings.
- Compensation – You may want to claim medical expenses for injuries to yourself or any passenger.
- Loss of possessions – You can claim for loss or damage to personal property such as clothing, bags or glasses.
- Legal action – If there’s a dispute about circumstances and you need to fight legal action against you, or take the other driver to court.
- Hire car costs
- Travel expenses
- Other out of pocket expenses such as phone calls.
Without motor legal protection you would have to pursue each of these things yourself, potentially losing 25% of compensation in lawyer’s fees as well as taking up your own time and effort.
Motor legal protection can also assist you in recovering your excess you have paid out for your motor insurance claim.
What are the costs involved in motor legal protection?
Best Price FS offers motor legal protection from £9.99 which provides up to £100,000 of legal representation to cover the legal costs involved in reclaiming your uninsured losses after an accident that was not your fault.
As an added benefit there is a 24-hour legal advice helpline to assist you in the event of a claim.
In contrast to a ‘no-win, no-fee’ service, the legal team will never take a cut of your compensation – you will always receive 100% of your entitled pay out.
So in answer to the question ‘Is Motor Legal Protection worth it?’, for just a small cost it will give you peace of mind in the case of an accident that isn’t your fault.
You can get a best price quote and buy motor legal protection in minutes by clicking here.