|Mariana FTSE Defensive Income Kick-Out Plan – November 2019
If you have not already seen these terms available you may wish to consider the following. The Plan’s banking partner is Morgan Stanley who requires advice be provided before an investment is accepted.
- A great headline rate of Income set at up to 6% pa.
- The Defensive nature of the Plan with Income being paid each quarter providing the FTSE 100 is above 75% of its start price.
- The opportunity for early maturity after the first two years if the FTSE 100 is above 105% of its start price.
- The Product Strikes on the 29th November. Investments need to be received by close of play on 26th November.
- Using your ISA Allowance or indeed available ISA Transfer money in conjunction with an Income Structured Product of this nature is probably one of the most effective ways to increase net spendable income for Investors. Particularly Higher Rate Taxpayers. For ISA Transfers please note Investments need to be submitted by 6th November.
The Plan in Practice
If the Strike price of the Product were at a FTSE 100 level of 7200 then:
- Income will be paid on every Quarterly date that the Index is at a level of 5400 or more
- The product will mature early on the first occasion after year two that on one of the 32 subsequent Quarterly payment dates the Index is at a level of 7560 or more
- For any Capital to be lost the product would need to run its full term of 10 years & then at that point the Index would need to be at a level of 4680 or lower. Or the Counterparty Bank, Morgan Stanley, would need to default
The Product back-tests really well. Using the standard 10-year testing timeframe of the UK Structured Products Association, historically there are no instances where Investors would have had a total return less than the original Capital invested. Plus, the potential Strike Price for this tranche could well look very attractive for future prospects. (Past performance is not a guide to future performance)
Headline details of the Plan are as follows but please refer to the attached Prospectus for full details. Click the link below to take you directly to the plan on our website:
Mariana FTSE Defensive Income Kick Out Plan November 2019
Don’t Forget the Risks
As with all forms of investment there are risks involved. These plans do not guarantee to repay the money invested. The potential return of the plan and repaying the money invested are linked to the level of the stock market and also depend on the financial stability of the Issuer and Counterparty Bank.
The promotion of the plan does not constitute ‘advice’ to invest. Advice is always specific to an individual investor’s circumstances and needs, following the process of ‘know your customer’, with the aim of ensuring that any product is suitable for an investor.
As always, the recommendation and common sense approach is to consider product solutions as a portfolio, never over-exposing oneself to a point of financial pain and suffering liquid or counterparty exposure.
Simply get in touch if you wish to receive regulated advice in relation to the ‘suitability of the plans to meet your investment needs’.
Assuring you of our best and focused attention at all times.
Enjoy your weekend.
Best Price FS Team