As a Landlord, you have a responsibility to ensure your property is safe and secure for your tenant at all times. Therefore, in the event of a home emergency, it is your duty to sort the issue out as soon as possible.
Landlord Home Emergency Cover will take care of these situations for you, without you ever needing to pick up the phone during an emergency. With authorised tenant direct contact, you’ll no longer need to be the middleman between the tenant and the contractor. We will deal with calls at unsociable times so you don’t have to.
Our Landlord Home Emergency Insurance also comes with zero excess and no-call out charges. The only thing you have to pay is the initial price.
Please download and read the Product Information Document & Policy Wording for a full description of all the benefits and protection, prior to proceeding with your purchase.
Quality Cover for £219 a Year
Our Landlord Home Emergency Insurance ensures help is on hand for unforeseen emergencies. This includes landlord boiler cover for breakdowns, internal plumbing & drainage, locks, cooker, roof damage and more.
We have access to a network of approved contractors, including qualified heating engineers, electricians, plumbers and locksmiths who will attend your property in the event of an emergency.
Zero Excess & No Call Out Charges
Landlord home emergency cover also comes with zero excess and no call-out charges, so you won’t be stuck with any additional bills if you have to make a claim.
24-hour Emergency Help line
Help is just one phone call away, whatever time of day or night. Tenants are authorised to deal with our helpline directly which will ensure you are not involved in unsociable call outs.
Boiler breakdown and annual service included in our cover.
Primary Heating System Cover
We will assist You to restore heating and/ or hot water to Your Home following an Emergency arising from the sudden and unexpected complete failure of the Primary Heating System.
Where a boiler is deemed beyond economical repair We will replace the boiler if it is 5 years old or less at the time of the claim. If the cost of the boiler is over the claim limit of the policy (£1,000) then We will make a payment to you of £1,000 instead. If the boiler is over five years old at the time of the claim We will contribute £200 towards the cost of a replacement.We do not cover…
- Gas leaks.
- Oil contamination resulting from a leak from an oil powered boiler.
- A boiler which is more than 10 years old.
- A boiler fitted within a Home with more than 15 rooms serviced by the boiler.
- Faults which, in the opinion of an approved Engineer, are as a result of the boiler not being serviced within the last 12 months.
- Lighting of boilers or the correct operation or routine adjustment of time or temperature controls.
- Clearing airlocks or bleeding radiators.
- Any repair or replacement which requires the removal of asbestos in order to complete the repair.
- Where Your Home has been left Unoccupied.
- Internet connected heating controls
- Fuel tanks and associated pipe work
Annual Gas Bolier Service
This is a service for an annual gas boiler service and operational safety inspection.
We will arrange for a boiler Engineer to complete a service and operational safety inspection on a date agreed by You. The service and operational safety check will include a full strip down service of Your gas boiler and flue gas analysis. The boiler service provider will contact You at Your Home address within 2 weeks of taking out this service.
We will assist You to make the Home secure following an Emergency arising from the sudden and unexpected failure of or damage to external locks, fitted to doors and windows where the failure or damage is such so as to render the Home unsafe or insecure.We do not cover…
- Where Your Home is Unoccupied.
- Damage as a result of theft or attempted theft.
- Failure of the Home security system.
- Loss or damage to the keys to the Home.
If damage to the roof of Your Home due to bad weather conditions or falling trees or branches, then an approved contractor will be on hand to provide emergency repairs.We do not cover…
- Flat roofs and gutters.
- A Home covered under a management agreement.
- A Home greater than three stories.
Plumbing and Drainage
We will assist You to stop the Emergency which has arisen from the sudden and unexpected failure of or damage to the plumbing or drainage system within the Home which has or may result in internal water leakage, flooding or water damage to the Home.We do not cover…
- Costs which exceed the Claim Limit.
- General maintenance including but not limited to dripping taps.
- The costs of repairs to the underground water supply or drainage facilities except where within Your Home.
- Where Your Home has been left Unoccupied.
- Leaks from any household appliances, sink, shower or bath where leakage only occurs when the appliances is in use.
- Cracked or broken toilets or cistern
- Cesspits, septic tanks plumbing and filtration system for swimming pools or spa baths
We will assist You to restore the water supply following a sudden unexpected leakage, collapse or blockage of the mains water supply pipe connecting the main stopcock in Your Home to the point where it is connected to the public or shared water supply pipe within the boundary of Your Home.We do not cover…
- Water pipes to or from and in detached outbuildings, fountains, swimming pools, ponds, other decorative garden features, garden taps, treatment plants, rainwater pipes, roofs, guttering or other external property.
- Damage to drains caused by structures not conforming to local building regulations or caused as a result of negligence or neglect.
- Damage caused by external means, including those caused by failure or disconnection of water supplies, plants or tree roots etc.
- Repairing or replacing soakaways, cesspits, treatment plants and their overflow pipes.
- If the authorised Engineer has to dig within the boundary of Your Home, they will fill in and leave ground level but will not replace the original surface, fittings or construction.
- Any fixtures where its replacement is solely necessary as a result of changes in legislation or health and safety guidelines.
- The fabric of Your Home and any fixtures, fitting or other item of equipment, not directly causing or damaged by the Emergency.
- Shared pipe work or any frozen pipes that have not resulted in confirmed damage.
We will assist You to restore the electricity system to the Home following an Emergency arising from the sudden, unexpected and complete failure of the electricity system in the Home.We do not cover…
- The failure of any electrical wiring that is not permanent (e.g. fairy lights).
- Any fault in supply prior to the consumer box.
- Wire / cabling situated outside of the Home (e.g. wiring to satellite dishes, aerials etc).
We will assist You to restore the gas supply following a sudden and unexpected failure of the internal gas supply from the meter to the gas applianceWe do not cover…
- Any claim relating to the interruption, failure or disconnection of the mains gas supply.
- Any claims relating to Your failure to purchase or provide sufficient gas or the non-payment of Your energy account.
- Any claim relating to partial failure of the internal domestic gas supply.
- Any claim relating to the failure of the mains supply.
Cooker / Oven
We will assist You to restore a means of heating and preparing food within the Home following an Emergency arising from the sudden, unexpected and complete failure of the permanently-installed cooking system.We do not cover…
- Claim costs in excess of £250.
- Emergencies where an alternative means of heating / preparing food is available.
We will remove and control the pest infestation. Pests are defined as brown or black rats, house or field mice in the home (including an attached garage or outbuilding) and wasps or hornets nests in the home or garden.We do not cover…
- Pests outside the main dwelling e.g in detached garages.
- Any pest infestation where You have not taken reasonable hygiene measures to prevent infestation or where recommendations have previously been made by Us.
- Any contamination where You are not able to confirm the type of pest concerned.
- Any damage caused by pests.
If your home is declared unsafe after an Emergency which falls under this policy, you'll receive up to £250 towards hotel (room cost only) for up to 48 hours.
Our Landlord Home Emergency cover is designed to keep your tenants safe and happy at all times. In the event of an emergency, we will ensure a contractor is sent out as soon as possible to fix any issues within your property.
This will save you time and effort finding and appointing your own contractor – and you won’t even have to deal with the call yourself! Our Landlord Home Emergency Insurance provides authorised tenant contact, so they can call us directly if they’re experiencing an issue.
With a dedicated team and selection of quality contractors, we work to make sure we provide the best landlord emergency cover for you.