Investment & Insurance Blog

Currently browsing Latest Posts

Did you know that:

  • There are 6 million homes in the UK that do not have any form of home insurance.
  • There are 22.65 million homes in the UK.
  • On average UK homes have contents in excess of £36,000.
  • An average premium for a both building and contents insurance policy is £309 – that’s less than £6 a week.  Probably less than your mobile phone insurance.

What is the most likely claim to be made on home insurance?

Around 30% of all claims on Home insurance are usually related to water damage.  Home insurance payouts can be tricky when it comes to water damage because as with all home insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can’t be offered, or a claim paid. For example, any loss or damage caused by wet or dry rot and any loss or damage of any kind caused by or resulting from wear and tear.

These are only examples. For full details of what’s covered and what’s not covered please read the Home Insurance policy booklet. Alternatively, you can find further information in the Insurance Product Information Document for Home Insurance.

What is insured with Paymentsheild?  What we offer.

If you have selected Buildings cover, it is available at £500,000 for standard cover with the option to increase to £1million.

This covers damage to the buildings (and outbuildings within 100m) of your property caused by perils including: ✓ Fire, theft, malicious damage, vandalism, subsidence, heave or landslip, storm, flood and escape of water or oil.

The policy also provides cover for:

  • Alternative accommodation expenses, including pet accommodation fees, when your home is made uninhabitable due to an insured event, up to a maximum of 20% of the buildings sum insured
  • Property owner’s liability up to £2 million
  • Accidental breakage of underground drains and pipes, and accidental damage to cables and underground tanks providing services to or from your home
  • Trace and access up to £5,000 Accidental Damage is an optional extension that can be added to the buildings section to provide cover against loss caused by an unforeseen event, such as putting your foot through the ceiling, up to the buildings sum insured.

If you had selected contents cover the available value is shown on your certificate. This covers damage to household goods and personal effects including money, belonging to you, your family or your domestic staff by specific causes including:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Malicious damage
  • Vandalism
  • Subsidence
  • Heave
  • Landslip, storm, flood and escape of water or oil

You’re also covered for:

  • Visitor’s personal possessions up to £1,000
  • Accidental breakage of mirrors, ceramic hobs in freestanding cookers or glass which forms part of your contents
  • Accidental damage to televisions, video and audio installations, computer equipment, games consoles and aerials or satellite dishes
  • Alternative accommodation expenses, including pet accommodation fees, when your home is made uninhabitable due to an insured event, up to a maximum of 20% of the contents sum insured; and
  • Occupiers liability cover up to £2 million including accidental bodily injury cover to your domestic staff up to £10 million.

Accidental Damage

Accidental damage is an optional extension that can be added to the contents section to provide cover against visible damage which happens suddenly and has not been caused on purpose or inevitably.

Personal Possessions

Personal possessions are an optional extension that provides cover for accidental damage or loss of your personal possessions in and away from the home anywhere in the United Kingdom.

What is not insured?

  • No cover is provided for any loss caused by damage from wear and tear, depreciation, rot, vermin, or anything which happens gradually
  • The costs of routine maintenance
  • Loss or damage to fences, hedges and gates caused by storm or flood
  • Loss or damage by theft or attempted theft, unless force and violence are used to get into or out of your home
  • Loss or damage by accidental damage to Contents when your home is being lent or let to any person other than your family
  • Loss or damage to personal possessions occurring outside the United Kingdom if you have already spent more than 60 days in total away from the country during the period of insurance

Other things to know:

How many homeowners have insurance? and how many are risking going without insurance?

  • There are 22.6 million homes in the UK
  • 6 million homes in the UK don’t have home insurance in 2018
  • This equates to 1 in 4 properties are uninsured

Whether your home is burgled or has weather damaged/flood damaged an average policy is around £300-350 a year.  It goes without saying that you would be far better off having insurance.

Did you know that £1.8 million is paid out every day for ‘escape of water’ claims?

Did you know that over a quarter of households in the UK, the household count is 7.5 million homes, have no contents insurance?

Did you know that the value of possessions owned by all UK household’s insurance is estimated to total approximately £1 trillion pounds?

This essentially means that an estimated £266 billion pounds of possessions are unprotected. 

Did you know that the average household spends more on takeaways annually than they do on home insurance?

We are so proud of what we have to offer.  We have worked long and hard for you to make sure that we could curb any surprises if you ever needed to claim.  As always, the mission behind Best Price FS always has and will be achieving the most comprehensive cover for the best price.  As a company we take less commission so we know we can make our prices very competitive and what’s more there is no catch.

To find out more about what we offer click the link: